[vz-dev] vzlogger & smllib

Steffen Vogel info at steffenvogel.de
Thu Sep 8 11:19:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

sry for that silent change :-/
At the moment vzlogger is under heavy developement.

I've decided to split the metering stuff (interaction with SML based
meters / protocol parsing etc) into a library to make it more generic
(not vz related).
My goal is it to provide a consistent interface for the most common
protocols:
- SML
- S0
- D0 (DIN EN 62056-21)
- Proprietary protocols
 - flukso
 - CurrentCost
 - ...

I'm trying to follow the Unix paradigm and split the functionality in
small tools.

So there might be a binary to just get the readings out of the meter and
print them to the standard output/logfile.

And propably another binary which logs this output to our middleware.

This would allow others to use this for their own solutions (rrdtool
etc..) or code their own logger with this lib.

What do you think about this idea?
Do you have nice name in mind for this lib? (libsm, libmeter, ..?)

Im most of the time in our IRC channel (#volkszaehler on freenode).
I would be happy for some help :)

Steffen

--
Steffen Vogel