[vz-dev] iskra mt171

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Wed Dec 19 09:49:38 CET 2012

Henry van Gestel, 18.12.2012 15:18:
>>> the apt-get didn’t gave me the wanted results.
>> If you post the output of apt-get and of iskra2.pl, I could tell you
>> what's wrong.
> I temp removed /home/pi/lib/perl5... ( lib made with Cpan termios)
> result when ./iskra2.perl is started:
> Can't locate IO/Tty.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/pi/lib/perl5

So you need IO::Tty, which you can install with "apt-get install
libio-tty-perl" (which will actually libio-pty-perl, but this contains
IO::Tty).

But I just noticed that I was wrong about libio-termios-perl, it is not
in the debian repos, so built it on my own. Sorry about the fuzz.
So for testing, your way is probably ok.

> When running with ## at 76 and 110 output is not consistent:
> 13:13:20.501 data: '!^B!^@^B^@  ^F^P^@@(^A\n' (21 5e 42 21 5e 40 5e 42
> 5e 40 20 20 5e 46 5e 50 5e 40 40 28 5e 41 0a)

It looks like the serial communication is flawed.
Did you read the wiki entry?
http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/channels/meters/power/edl-ehz/iskraemeco_mt171
It says the MT171's IR signal is quite low, so you should reduce R3 in
the IR head.