[vz-dev] Can't inherit abstract function Iterator::current()

Dr. Roland Hartmann-Haase post at roland-hartmann.de
Fri Jul 31 08:35:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

I installed Volkszaehler on CentOS 6.5. On this system any usage of the
frontend is impossible, with this error message:

Syntax error, unrecognized expression: Fatal error: Can't inherit
abstract function Iterator::current() (previously declared abstract in
Volkszaehler\Interpreter\Interpreter) in
/var/www/html/volkszaehler/lib/Volkszaehler/Interpreter/Interpreter.php
on line 38

 From postings on the web I found that this error seems to be related to
a PHP version lower than 5.3.9 (currently 5.3.3). There is no 5.3.9
version in the CentOS 6.5 repository, nor in 6.6. Is there a chance to
fix this issue in Volkszaehler?

Thanks
Roland