[vz-users] Reconfigure vzlogger NOT to push meter readings to middleware?

Ralf G. R. Bergs Ralf+VolksZaehler at bergs.biz
Fri Dec 19 10:55:12 CET 2014

Hi Andreas.

On 2014-12-18 21:42 , Andreas Götz wrote:

>> vzlogger would /always/ throw an error, either
>>> CURL: Couldn't resolve host name
>> or
>>> CURL: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
>> It would not quit, though, so in the end it did what I wanted (not
>> push the readings to the middleware), but it's not a clean solution.
> You need to change the api, not the middleware. Middleware is a
> feature of the vz api. Never tried though.

Sorry, I don't get your point, maybe I'm slow? Why change the API or the
middleware? Would that not simply be a change in vzlogger behavior
independent on how the API or the middleware looks like/works?

My idea was to tell the vzlogger daemon /not/ to send the meter readings
anywhere, just to collect them. I would then query vzlogger via the
internal microhttpd for the current readings...

KR,

Ralf