[vz-dev] brief status

Justin Otherguy justin at justinotherguy.org
Mon May 16 00:02:58 CEST 2011

Hi there,

it has become a bit quiet on the list. I'd like give a short update to those of you who have not joined us on IRC recently.

IRC:
a lot of conversation has moved to IRC. Join us at #volkszaehler.org on freenode [1]

SML:
see my other posting

UnFUCK:
video and slides are online now
Harald had the honor to be the first one to deliver readings from the transducers via fluksoUSB into the volkszaehler middleware :-)
@Harald: it seems I've lost your email with your script; maybe you've hidden it in the wiki somewhere?
BTW: I'm looking forward to progress on the fluksoUSB; at present it seems it only gives readings above 1.000 Watts. That is a bit unsatisfactory - even for me...
I've started a page [2] in which I'll try to collect my findings.

elektro-camp11.05:
You've read of it. You'll be there, of course. You've forgotten to register, though. Do so now [3].

KD302:
r00t has started a page with his findings for Reichelt's popular KD302 meter. Aim is to add an interface over which the readings can be fed into volkszaehler. Give the page a look if you're interested. (warning: contains explicit content - you'll get to see naked equipment there).

VSM-103:
Conrad has a nice meter [5] that allows not only to measure power and consumption but also voltage, current, frequency, apparent power, reactive power and power factor. Nice. Max Görler has started a page with his findings on the device. He has the readings already, it'll be just a matter of handing it over to our middleware. vzlogger would be the glue, I suppose.

So, it has been quite recently. At least at the surface ;-)

Regards, J.

[1] irc://chat.freenode.net/volkszaehler.org
[2] http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/controllers/fluksousb
[3] http://developer.mysmartgrid.de/doku.php?id=ec1105-signup
[4] http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/channels/meters/power/kd_302
[5] http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/125442/VOLTCRAFT-VSM-103-DREHSTR-ZAeHLER