[vz-dev] brief status

Thorben Thuermer r00t at constancy.org
Mon May 16 04:16:06 CEST 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 00:02:58 +0200
Justin Otherguy <justin at justinotherguy.org> wrote:
> IRC:
> a lot of conversation has moved to IRC. Join us at #volkszaehler.org on freenode [1]

i think you should mention that most irc activity is on evenings around
6-10pm CET, just i case any readers are actually planning to stop by...

> KD302:
> r00t has started a page with his findings for Reichelt's popular KD302 meter.
> Aim is to add an interface over which the readings can be fed into volkszaehler.

i'm afraid i have to point out that this is incorrect.
_my_ goal is to get access to all of the metering chip's capabilities and make
them available through some interface.
(ofcourse interfacing to volkszaehler is for the most part a subset of that.)

but for example the CS5460A also supplies readings for instantaneous
voltage/current/power, and it should be possible to sample those fast enough
to measure voltage/current waveforms, and more...
(see also your notes on the VSM-103, which only costs 12x as much as the kd302...)

> Regards, J.

- T