[vz-dev] 1-wire scanner & Gascounter setup

Willy Verbiest willy.verbiest at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 13:28:41 CET 2012

Hi,

The first tests are running for the vz1ws (Volkszaehler 1-wire scanner).
I have the following configuration:
Middleware host computer: ALIX.1D embedded board with 4GB flash drive.
1-wire interface: DS9490R USB (RJ11) or DS9490R Serial (RJ11)
Field sensors:
Counters: 1-wire DS2423 (Out of production at maxim semiconductors)
Used for Gas and Electricity
Temperature sensors: 1:wire DS18S20
Used for Outside, Inside, Heating (2) and hot water temperatures.
Program source:
Written in c with the libusblinux310r2 library from
http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/software/1wire/wirekit.cfm
License: GPL
If interested I can cleanup the source, make some documentation and
publishing it. (Where / How)

----

The latest sensor I've included was the gas counter and I have some
questions about it.

Where can I see the version of the volkszaehler frontend?

I have installed a sensor on the gas meter that give a pulse for every 0,01
m3.
The sensor is placed on the third digit after the comma which has a mirror
for digit 0.

What are the values I have to enter when creating a new channel?
Auflösung: ?
Kosten: ?

The cost of a m3 gas is about 0,76 Euro

Thanks for all the developers on the Volkszaehler project.

Reply’s are welcome in German and English
Gruss,
Willy Verbiest
Wondelgem (Gent)