[vz-users] Reconfigure vzlogger NOT to push meter readings to middleware?

Andreas Goetz cpuidle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:36:36 CET 2014

Hi Ralf,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Ralf G. R. Bergs <
Ralf+VolksZaehler at bergs.biz> wrote:

>  Hi Andreas.
>
> On 2014-12-18 21:42 , Andreas Götz wrote:
>

> vzlogger would *always* throw an error, either
>
> CURL: Couldn't resolve host name
>
> or
>
> CURL: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
>
> It would not quit, though, so in the end it did what I wanted (not push
> the readings to the middleware), but it's not a clean solution.
>
> You need to change the api, not the middleware. Middleware is a feature of
> the vz api. Never tried though.
>
>  Sorry, I don't get your point, maybe I'm slow? Why change the API or the
> middleware? Would that not simply be a change in vzlogger behavior
> independent on how the API or the middleware looks like/works?

check etc/vzlogger.conf and search for 'protocol'. vzlogger supports other
protocols than volkszahler/middleware, that is e.g. mysmartgrid. You
probably need to check the source code if there is an "null" protocol. If
you need one feel free to open an issue in github.
Note: these are different from
http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/software/controller/vzlogger#meters_protocols
which are on the reading, not the writing side. Unfortunately the config
file syntax is confusing in that regard.

> My idea was to tell the vzlogger daemon *not* to send the meter readings
> anywhere, just to collect them. I would then query vzlogger via the
> internal microhttpd for the current readings...

Exactly.  My approach would be logging to a "null" protocol for that
purpose.

> KR,
>
> Ralf

Freundliche Grüße/ Kind regards