[vz-users] Landis Gyr E230

Karl Kashofer karl.kashofer at gmx.at
Sun Jul 28 16:54:58 CEST 2019

Hi all !

I have a landis gyr E230 which i can successfully read using an IR head,
What i get is:

> /LGZ5ZMR110AR.K53
> F.F.0(00000000)
> 0.0.0(150     )
> 1.8.0(030849.5*kWh)
> 1.8.1(021720.5*kWh)
> 1.8.2(009129.0*kWh)
> 2.8.0(004991.7*kWh)
> 2.8.1(004991.7*kWh)
> 2.8.2(000000.0*kWh)
> 0.9.1(13:42:35)
> 0.9.2(19-07-28)
> 0.2.0(K53-0-B)
> C.5.0(0108E0F1)
> C.7.0(0000)
> C.7.1(0000)
> C.7.2(0000)
> C.7.3(0000)
> C.90.1(00000000150     )
> 32.7.0(231*V)
> 52.7.0(232*V)
> 72.7.0(231*V)
> 31.7.0(000.26*A)
> 51.7.0(001.85*A)
> 71.7.0(001.33*A)
> 16.7.0(000.62*kW)

As you can see the power line consumption is in 1.8.0 while my solar
panels feed into the grid on 1.8.2.

I can see the current power running over the three lines in 31,51,71.7
and 16.7.

However, i could not yet find a way to determine if i am currently
consuming line power or feeding into the grid. I can not see any
indication of the direction of the current flow.

So, my question is: Is there any way to determine if i am currently
consuming or providing electricity ? Is there any other command i could
send ?

Here are the commands i am sending in my reading script:

> function callmeter {
>   sleep 1
> #  echo "Sending start sequence"
>   printf "\x2F\x3F\x21\x0D\x0A" > $device
>   sleep 3
> #  echo "Sending request sequence"
>   printf "\x06\x30\x30\x30\x0D\x0A" > $device
> }

Any help appreciated,
Regards,
karl